Sunday, March 29, 2009

festival of colors.

This past Saturday my roommates and I decided to go to Spanish Fork to go to the Festival of Colors along with the whole rest of the state of Utah I swear. Anyways It was a celebration at a Buddhist temple where they danced, had a bonfire, and best of all threw colored chalk EVERYWHERE!
As the chalk was being thrown you couldn't breath for about 45 seconds and couldn't see anything but a cloud of color. A bit scary I'll admit, but worth it :) I think the best part of the whole day was that the color dye stained the three blonds in the apartment, not. Shannon, Erin, and I all washed our hair a billion and a half times and still are all sportin the pink hair strong. All and all though it was a good day :) finished off by crepes, frozen bananas in chocolate, and then dragging our mattresses out to the living room to have a slumber party.

5 comments:

  1. I love your pink hair! Hope it's permanent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are lucky Hindu people are pretty nonviolent (Ghandi for example) cuz you just called their worship service a Buddhist event.hahajk. I love the last pic, you're awesome Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha...oh Katie. Your eyes look SO green in the last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally random but I googled myself today and found you and was excited to see another blonde haired, blue eyed, Mormon named Katie Barton living just down the street from me (I'm in Alpine). Small world. I was also at this festival. Anyway...I thought it was funny so I thought I'd say hi to my twin out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie!! I miss you!! Hope everything is going well!

    ReplyDelete